Execute a digital transformation at the section that will enable it to more effectively leverage technology to advance its impact mission of supporting migrants and refugees.
- Connectivity. Initial internet infrastructure at the Vatican was not prioritized for VOIP and had bandwidth issues.
- Applications. A new application stack was required that would permit collaboration across their distributed workforce globally and be easily adoptable.
- Digital Tools. A digital conference system was required, but could not be dependent on the local network.
- Training. Staff had little to no experience with the applications or technologies being introduced and so this required specialized training and support.
- Unprecedented. The extent of the digital transformation and speed with which it was executed was unprecedented at the Vatican.